lauantaina, helmikuuta 02, 2013

Cap & cape

Olen jo kauan ihaillut Mathildan sanakirjaa ja The Craft Barnin uuden haasteen innoittamana päätin ryhtyä toimeen. Ensin meni kuukausi, että löysin sopivan sanakirjan hommaan, mutta eilen se löytyi kirpparilta.


I have admired Mathildas stamped dictionary for a long while, and inspired by the new challenge of the Craft Barn, decided to make one myself. But it has taken me a month to find a dictionary, but yesterday I finally found perfect one at the fleamarket. 



Gummeruksen taskutietojätti, yksiosainen sanakirja vuodelta 1986 (15,5 x 10,5 ja 6 cm paksu). Ei mitään tuoretta tietoa siis, joten voin hyvin leimata siihen. Tämän viikon the Craft Barnin haaste on kirjain C, ja yllättäen vaihtoehtoja oli monta sivullista. Ensimmäiseksi valitsin sanat 'cap' ja 'cape' jotka tarkoittavat niemekettä. Leimasin kuvan Viva Decorin merisetillä ja väritin puuväreillä.

This is a pocket size (10,5 x 15,5 cm and 6 cm thick) dictionary, over 60 000 index words in one book. It's in Finnish, in my mother language. I hope the folks over at the Craft Barn challenge don't mind, my words will be in Finnish, but I'll explain them. My first choice for the c-challenge are 'cap' and 'cape', they both mean peninsula. I stamped my image with Versafine Majestic blue and colored with watercolours.



post signature

Ei kommentteja: